Monday, May 16, 2011

Day #16 {31 Days to Clean}

Day #16 - Willing Hands


What is one of my favorite things?  Relaxing fragrances.  I'm not a flowery person, nor do I like strong scents.  My favorite ones are clove, cinnamon, vanilla, and orange (plus coffee brewing and a library or bookstore).  Smelling those fragrances centers me in a way that is hard to explain.  Lets just say that I missed my wallflower this weekend, but today I stopped in and purchased a few. I also purchased new lamp shades for our living room lamps as well as a new lamp for the basement (the old one was broken).  The lamp shades make a huge difference in the room...it feels quite a bit more inviting.

The Mary task for today asks, "what is your block?"  I do feel that life (i.e. external forces) prevents me from keeping on task.  Honestly, I don't know if I am able to rid myself of external forces (stuff will always happen).  However, quite possibly I can ignore external forces.  Not sure how happy that will make me...ignoring things in the world.  I'll have to ponder and pray on that more.

Today I completed the floors in the bedroom, but I will be having the carpets professionally cleaned next week.  I seem to have a full week ahead of me, but my plan is to continue the 31 day process, because I truly am seeing changes.

No comments: